Bowling Green Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Let Us Put Our 30+ Years of Exp Behind Your Motorcycle Accident Case
Motorcycle accidents represent a complicated area of personal injury law in which just about everyone assumes that the rider must be mostly at fault for the accident. At the Law Office of Pamela C. Bratcher, we are compassionate and dedicated when it comes to upholding the rights of injured motorcycle riders. From the beginning of your case to the end, our Bowling Green motorcycle accident attorney will work diligently to dismantle courtroom and insurance company biases that assume riders are reckless by nature, all to ensure you get every last cent you deserve after being hurt by a third party's negligence.
Don't wait to hire the legal representation you need. Call (270) 977-8910 today.
Top Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Kentucky
Even though there appears to be an overhanging assumption that motorcycle riders cause the accidents, the truth is that a great deal of motorcycle accidents are caused by other parties involved. When we manage your claim, we will want to thoroughly consider the true cause of your motorcycle accident, and how we can prove it. This process begins by understanding some of the top causes of motorcycle accidents in the state and seeing if any align to your case.
Many motorcycle accidents in Kentucky are caused by:
- Drivers not checking blind spots: When a motorist looks into their side mirrors or over their shoulder to change lanes, most are conditioned to look for a large vehicle or two distinct headlights. The result is that many drivers are "motorcycle blind" or simply do not register that they have spotted a rider there. A motorcycle rider obliging to all the rules of the road may be sideswiped by a negligent driver without warning for this reason.
- Motorists turning left too soon: Some of the most catastrophic motorcycle accidents are caused by drivers turning left on a green without checking for approaching traffic. Similar to being "motorcycle blind" when merging, drivers may subconsciously think that only two headlights or a clearly noticeable vehicle require them to yield on left turns. When a car cuts in front of a motorcyclist, there is virtually no way for the rider to stop safely, either crashing into the car or hitting the brakes so hard that the rider is ejected into traffic.
- Poor road conditions: Cracks, debris, and slickness on the road that might not impact the driving safety of a four-wheeled vehicle can be devastating to a lighter, two-wheeled motorcycle. When a rider crashes due to poor road conditions, it can be difficult to pinpoint liability and a claim might rely on the rider possessing uninsured motorist (UM) insurance. Our legal team knows how to approach these cases to guide our clients to success.
Severe Injuries Caused by Motorcycle Accidents
A rider caught in a motorcycle accident will more than likely suffer a catastrophic injury. Riders are also much more likely to be fatally injured in a crash than a driver in a similar speed accident. Any compensation won through a settlement or verdict will need to consider the full extent of the rider's injuries and just how much it can cost them when everything is evaluated, including life-long rehabilitation.
Injuries often recorded in motorcycle accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord damage
- Permanent disfigurement (road rash)
- Bone fractures
What Compensation Can I Get From a Bike Accident?
If you have been the victim of a bike accident in Bowling Green, there is compensation that can be recovered. They include:
- Past & Future Medical Expenses - Hospital care and/or surgeries are expensive, let us help you get that money back!
- Physical & Mental Pain - Long after the accident, physical pain can still linger for years. It's important to be compensated for someone else's mistake.
- Lost Wages - You are eligible to receive pay that you should have received, had the accident not occurred.
- Loss of Consortium - The spouse of the victim may be eligible to file a separate claim for any losses related to marital benefits, including various forms of companionship.
Compassionate Legal Services Delivered with Experience – (270) 977-8910
Sometimes the most difficult part of a motorcycle accident claim is getting it started. Do not hesitate to contact our Bowling Green motorcycle accident lawyer the moment you need help. With our free case evaluations, you can get to know your own rights and legal options better without needing to reach for your wallet first.
We Offer Mediation, Negotiation & Trial Services
Experience in Both State & Federal Court
Over 30 Years of Legal Experience
Initial Free Consultations