divorce will impact every major aspect of your life. From financial issues to
the emotional stress of having to dispute things like child custody and
alimony, it can be easy to feel overwhelmed by the entire process. If
you have valuable assets, property, and children, you will likely need
help from a team of professionals to keep your divorce on track. In this
blog, we explain how to choose the right team to handle your divorce.
The attorney you choose will be the most important member of your legal
team. However, choosing the right attorney can be a complicated and confusing
task. When interviewing prospective lawyers, ask the following questions:
- Do they have experience with family law cases?
- How many years have they been practicing law?
- What legal strategy will they use for your case?
- Do they seem confident in their abilities?
- Are you compatible with their personality?
- Are they a skilled negotiator?
- How much will it cost to get divorced?
- Do they have a full-service firm?
A mediator can help to make the negations between you and your ex move
faster. The mediator facilitates discussions you have with your ex about
disputes to help you reach a fair agreement. Just like finding an attorney,
you will need to look around for a qualified mediator to assist with your
case. Ask the following questions to mediators you are interested in hiring:
- What training do they have?
- Have they handled cases similar to yours? If so, how many?
- Will your children need to be involved in the mediation process?
- What approach do they use to resolve disputes?
- What does it take to make mediation successful?
- How long will the entire process take?
A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) will oversee the financial aspects
of your divorce. Your accountant will determine the individual net worth
of you and your spouse and help you understand how much money you are
entitled to. Most attorneys have accounts they prefer to work with, while
others will set you up with a reputable one if you ask.
Get Help from a Bowling Green Divorce Lawyer
At the Law Office of Pamela C. Bratcher, we believe that there is no such
thing as a small case. We are committed to helping clients resolve their
family law disputes so they can move on to the next phase of their lives. We can review the
details of your case and make sure your rights are fully protected. Let
us assist you today.
Contact us today
to schedule a case evaluation with a divorce lawyer in Bowling Green.