When parents go through a divorce, one of the largest sources of apprehension is the
child custody agreement that looms on the horizon. No parent really wants to completely take their child away from an ex-spouse but most parents also want to make the most of the time they do get to spend with their kids after a divorce. In particular, it can feel intimidating to get quality time that the whole family can enjoy during visitation hours or child custody exchanges.
At the Law Office of Pamela C. Bratcher, our Bowling Green family lawyer is always thinking about how to make the lives of our clients easier and happier. We have reviewed a few kid-friendly hotspots in Bowling Green that you can bring your child for a fun, carefree visitation that you, your ex-spouse, and your child are all sure to enjoy.
Some of the most popular family destinations in Bowling Green, KY are:
- Beech Bend Park: On the northern side of the city, you can find Beech Bend Park. For being a fairly small amusement park, there is still plenty to see and do here. We recommend this location for divorced parents with older children, as some of the most exciting attractions, like the Kentucky Rumbler, do have height requirements.
- Dinosaur World: What child doesn't love dinosaurs? There is just something about these prehistoric beasts that capture imagination like none other. A short drive northeast up the I-65 will bring your family to Dinosaur World for a fun-filled day looking at life-size dinosaur models and interactive exhibits. Just be sure you get permission from your ex-spouse to take your children here during visitation since it is a short ways out of Bowling Green.
- Lost River Cave: Did you know that there is a system of gorgeous natural caves and grottos right in the heart of Bowling Green? Head south on Nashville Road to visit Lost River Cave. For a child that is fascinated by nature and the like, this destination is fantastic. Everyone is sure to enjoy a number of tour options, including a few by boat.
- National Corvette Museum: Just about everyone in Bowling Green loves a Corvette, and that adoration starts at a young age. Bring your child to the National Corvette Museum, just off the 65, and it is nearly a guarantee to see his or her eyes light up at all the gorgeous Corvettes on display. Learning some of the history behind these landmark cars is also an educational journey everyone will enjoy.
- The Historic Railpark and Train Museum: Right off Kentucky Street, you can find this quaint museum that is all about the history of local railways. Children are sure to enjoy the vintage car tours, and parents will appreciate the way this tourist destination makes history fun. You may wish to save The Historic Railpark and Train Museum for a summer visitation day, where you can mostly stay inside in the air conditioning.
Our team at the Law Office of Pamela C. Bratcher really enjoy the aforementioned hotspots in Bowling Green and frequently recommend them to parents concerned about what to do during visitations. However, the city and surrounding region certain has many more places to see with your kids. If there is one you and your family love but do not see on our list, let us know! We love getting suggestions from our clients.
If you require assistance with a family law dispute or divorce issue of your own, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Bowling Green family law attorney. With close to 30 years of legal experience and a reputation for being truly compassionate and caring, you can trust us with even the most sensitive of legal concerns. Call
contact us online today for more information about our services.